Re: [AppArmor 39/45] AppArmor: Profile loading and manipulation, pathname matching

This thread is amazing.  With so many smart people's precious time,

What are the results?
What are the issues anyway?
Is anyone happy? (I'm not and I assume Chris is not)

Yes, "waste of time" is taking place here, but
it's not for "pathname-based MAC" but for "wrongly posted messages",
I believe.  I'm a relatively new to this ml, let me ask.

Is this ml a place of judge or battle? (not to help or support?)

Nothing is perfect, so we can work to make things to better, right?
I have suggestions:

Let's clarify issues first.
- problems (or limitations) of pathname-based MAC
- advantages of pathname-based MAC
- how can pathname-based MAC supplement label based
(Stephen, James and Kyle, please help)

Let's start the arguments again if we get the issues.
Threads should be definitely separated per issue and
a assigning a chair may help.

Above issues are independent of SELinux. We should not *compare*
SELinux and AA, that can cause a problem. Every software has
shortages that's why we need to work and we can make progress.
For some issues we may need to compare them, in that case
moderators would help.

BTW I have posted a RFC of TOMOYO Linux that is another
pathname-based MAC.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/6/13/58
AA and TOMOYO Linux have BoF sessions at OLS2007,
so it would be a great opportunity to *talk* over the issues.

What I want to say is "let's make progress and help each other
to make Linux better".

Thank you,
Toshiharu Harada

--