Re: This is [Re:] How to improve the quality of the kernel[?].

Oleg Verych wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:48:55PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> The -mm kernel already implements what your proposed PTS would do.
>> Plus it gives testers more or less all patches currently pending
>> inclusion into Linus' tree in one kernel they can test.
>
> Crazy development{0}. Somebody knows, that comprehensively testing
> hibernation is their thing. I don't care about it, i care about foo, bar.
> Thus i can apply for example lguest patches and implement and test new
> asm-offset replacement, *easily*.

That's right.  But the production of subsystem test patchkits is
volunteer work which will be hard to unify.

I'm not saying it's impossible to reach some degree of organized
production of test patchkits; after all we already have some
standardization regarding patch submission which is volunteer work too.
--
Stefan Richter