RE: How to improve the quality of the kernel?

Why not include a user-space tool that, when invoked, if you agree to
send personnal info, sends your hardware vs driver info to a web
database + your email address (maybie even you .config, etc..) ... In
case of help for testing new patches/finding a bug/etc.. your email
could be used by maintainers to ask for help...

> So if you make changes to random-driver.c you can do `git-log
> random-driver.c|grep Tested-by" to find people who can test
> your changes for you.

You would'nt even need to search in GIT.  Maybie even when ever a
patchset is being proposed a mail could be sent to appropriate
hardware/or feature pseudo-auto-generated mailing-list?

On lkml I mostly try to follow patches/bugs associated with hardware I
use.  Why not try to automate the process and get more testers in?

- vin