On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 03:07:17AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2007, Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If the two courts are in the same country there's usually a higher court
> > above both that can resolve this. But what if let's say the highest
> > court in the USA and the highest court in Germany would disagree on such
> > a matter?
>
> Upgrade the license so as to provide guidance as to the intent of the
> authors, such that the disagreement doesn't happen again.
>
> If there's room in each country's laws to fix the problem, that is.

I don't think that's an option.

Consider the question of whether non-GPL kernel modules are legal at
all and the number and different opinions of Linux kernel authors.

Plus the general question whether any "upgrade the license" would be
valid in all jurisdictions ("GPL version 2 or any later version"
as licence might make it possible, but in all other cases I'd have
serious doubts).

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.