On Jun 12, 2007, Linus Torvalds <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>>
>> Per this reasoning, Sun wouldn't be waiting for GPLv3, and it would
>> have already released the OpenSolaris kernel under GPLv2, would it
>> not? ;-)

> Umm. You are making the fundamental mistake of thinking that Sun is in
> this to actually further some open-source agenda.

Err, no.  I was merely questioning Ingo's reasoning that Sun wanted
Linux's drivers as badly as he made it seem.  All the fuss about
waiting for and going to GPLv3 wouldn't get them that.  Moving to
GPLv2 would, and still, they aren't doing it.  That was my point.

FWIW, I share most of your assessment and wait-and-see attitude about
Sun's situation.