Re: [patch] Move led attributes out of device name and into sysfs attributes, was Re: LED devices

Hi Richard!

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 12:11 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Can we keep the original naming? spitz:disk is as unique as led02, and
> > it is _way_ easier to use.
> > Come on, I want to use the led subsystem from the scripts...
>
> I don't see a problem with spitz_disk, which is just as easy to use in
> scripts.

It is the old problem with mV in battery_level_mV.  How do you know for sure
what is the designator, and what is the unit (or in this case, color)?  You
could take the last _[^_]+, but what if there is no unit/color? etc.

There is a BIIIIG thread about it (or more than one, actually) in the
archives, and I don't recall a consensus being reached.

  Henrique Holschuh