Re: generic bool and sparse errors?

Kok, Auke wrote:

I'm experimenting with using the generic bool type and using sparse I get tons of these messages:

warning: incorrect type in argument 4 (different signedness)
    expected bool [unsigned] [usertype] *[unsigned] success
    got bool *<noident>

I'm not really worried about this, I assume that sparse hasn't caught up with what bool really means, but perhaps this can be looked into by someone who knows sparse well. The warnings don't really add up and with more people switching to use the generic bool this may beceome unwanted.
Actually, I am "assigned" to that. :)
Just out of curiousity, where do you see those messages? In the log for allyesconfig on i386 I only found ntfs/super.c with similar output.

alternatively we might need to reconsider the `typedef _Bool bool;` declaration and force it to be unsigned. I'm not sure what to think of that.
I do not see how that would make any sense.

Richard Knutsson