Re: libata & no PCI: dma_[un]map_single undefined

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 11:11:04AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 03:59:46PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> > It's the fact that I _am_ CC'd on replies, so I get one message from LKML
> > one from the original poster, maybe one via another mailing list if it's
> > also copied there.  Add that in to the mix of all the other mail hitting
> > my MTA and the probability for the machine to exhaust it's limited VM is
> > very high.
>
> This is an utterly ridiculous argument.  You are subscribed to LKML,
> with a message size limit of 400K.  "replies to rmk" are clearly lost
> in the noise compared to the rest of the list traffic.

Shrug, that's your opinion.  My real life experience is some what
different - I'm the one admin'ing these machines so I can see what's
going on.

> > Give me a way to stop people CC'ing me on replies and I'll happily remove
> > the header.  Unfortunately there isn't, so I can't.
>
> So by fiat, you decide that gives you the right to override OTHER
> PEOPLE'S personal preferences?  Why are you so much more important
> to a thread than everyone else?

Meanwhile you decide that you have a right over _MY_ personal preferences.
It's the same argument I'm afraid, just a different point of view.  If
_you_ do not wish to abide by the header then turn off that feature in
your mailer.  That's _your_ preference and one which _you_ can set.

> If you are unwilling to fix the problem and work within existing
> community email standards, I think it would be fair to ask vger
> postmaster to start excising Mail-Followup-To headers.

Well, that will leave me with _no_ _choice_ but to arrange for the
SMTP MAIL FROM from others to receive a 550 error code to remove
the problem.  Is that really what you'd like me to do?

> You are NOT more important that everyone else.

That's not the issue.

Since it's obvious that you don't accept my argument, it's pointless
discussing it further; there's nothing I can realistically do at this
end to resolve the issue and still remain part of this community.

I see no point in further discussion of this issue if such bigotry is
going to continue; any further responses on this topic will not receive
any replies from me.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of: