Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Renato Golin wrote:

> Patched and run, we're almost there... I put an additional printk on
> usb/input/hid-core.c and hid/hid-input.c to assure I got the right copy,
> got the messages but not the fix.

Hi Renato,

sorry, don't fully understand - what do you mean by "got the messages but
not the fix"?

> What joydev reports is a range between 0 and 255, which is better than
> -127 to 127 because it's unsigned but still requires further
> calibration.

Well calibration using jscal might be needed, that should be fine. The
question is whether the ranges are now correct and calibration using jscal
works fine.

So please let me know whether the badpad quirk is the correct one for this
joystick. If so, I'll queue it in my tree for upstream.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs