Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

On 03/06/07, Jiri Kosina <[email protected]> wrote:
Please try this patch on top of 2.6.20

Hi Jiri,

Patched and run, we're almost there... I put an additional printk on
usb/input/hid-core.c and hid/hid-input.c to assure I got the right
copy, got the messages but not the fix.

What joydev reports is a range between 0 and 255, which is better than
-127 to 127 because it's unsigned but still requires further
calibration.

I have never used ubuntu, but why should that be that difficult? Just
download vanilla kernel from kernel.org, use your distro's .config, make
oldconfig && make ... ?

The kernel is really simple, problem is that I use ubuntu since
version 5 and did distupgrade to 6.06, 6.10 and now 7.04. Lots of
configurations were changed, /dev structure, root points, mount, lvm
and lots of changes were made since then.

What's annoying me to get a personalized kernel now running is the lvm
new configuration that I don't master yet (nor am willing to lately)
and that's the only thing that breaks on my ubuntu with a personalized
kernel.

The filesystem changes were quite messy, on 6.10 I lost my swap space
(kernel couldn't mount it) and I didn't have time to investigate
properly. Now, with 7.04 it's back again... I'm too old to investigate
every detail... ;)

I'm sure if I get a fresh installation, kernel.org's kernel will work
like a charm...

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at