Re: JFFS2 using 'private' zlib header (was [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 6)

Satyam Sharma wrote:
Hi Artem,

On 5/30/07, Artem Bityutskiy <[email protected]> wrote:
Err, and important note is that it also wants this compressed data to be
independently uncompressable.

Hmm, okay.

But what I meant was that if jffs2's needs are "standard" enough in
the sense that they could conceivably be required by other users too
(and this one mentioned by you does appear to be one of those),
then why not make such hacks (if they are necessary and suitable
indeed, lets wait for Mark's response) part of zlib itself?

I really not sure - I vaguely remember that zlib just cannot provide this
capability. And what JFFS2 does is not always correct. But again, it was
so long time ago...

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)