Re: [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 3

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 15:33 +0100, Michael-Luke Jones wrote:
> On 23 May 2007, at 15:21, Nitin Gupta wrote:
>
> > If somebody is up to including compression he must be having head
> > to use the right
> > decompress version depending on this scenario :-)
>
> By that logic, experienced kernel dev Richard Purdie is not up to
> using compression (?!)
>
> To me, it looks like an easy trap to fall into. And one that an
> experienced dev *has* just fallen in to.

To be fair, I just altered resier4 to use the library functions and it
was someone else who chose to use the "unsafe" version. I did flag this
up on LKML when I saw it and the resier4 people are considering
changing.

I've since promised to send a patch changing it to use the safe version.

I'll not send a "rename to unsafe" patch for the LZO core until Andrew
decides whether to drop the unsafe version entirely or not as per your
patch. If he doesn't due to the potential use by the compressed cache
people, I will send that patch.

Cheers,

Richard