RE: Increased ipw2200 power usage with dynticks

Agreed. I don't think we really need to have multiple governors being changed at run time.

The current idea is that we will have multiple governors changeable at run time only for
DEBUG and DEVELOPMENT. On a standard end user system there will be one governor
(current optimal governor) that will be loaded. This gives
flexibality to experiments with governors and also easily have different governors for
different kind of platforms - in future if needed (handheld v/s laptop v/s server).
Also, there are no overheads at runtime due to the fact that we have underlying infrastructure
to have multiple governors (no locking overheads and such).

The above comment is where we want to go. But, this is not there in the code yet. We should
have that pretty soon though.

Yes. Comments are welcome (once it is back in acpi-test/mm) as always.

Thanks,
Venki