Re: [RFC] enhancing the kernel's graphics subsystem

Dave Airlie wrote:
It is a quite sensible idea.

The userspace X server SHOULD be running under a non-root user, with
appropriate fine-grained privs granted to it.

"I need root to do graphics" is a myopic, antiquated view of the world.

Did I say the X server? There are policy decisions that are root only
also authorisation of processes to render etc..

Root only today, maybe, but this thread is talking about future directions. Don't lock your design into a coarse-grained security model.

I'm not sure we can punt all that in-kernel.

See my response to Alan.

	Jeff