Re: no DRQ after issuing MULTWRITE_EXT AND PCI: Bus #0b (-#0e) is hidden behind transparent bridge #0a (-#0a) (try 'pci=assign-busses')

Tjenarvi Tjenarvi wrote:
> These dmesg if not as Tejun said, Which he said should only libata
> drivers used to get more information.  Frankly, I don't know which one I
> have to take off in kernel configuration to comply this.  I guess the
> libata is in:
>
> Device Drivers  --->
>  SCSI device support  --->
>
> But,  don't know which one to take off, so that only libata driver
> compiled. Please tell me.

Please turn off Device Drivers -> ATA/ATAPi/MFM/RLL support.  I'm not
sure which ide driver is grabbing the first port.  Can you post the
original .config?

> The machine seems nothing wrong whether I used "pci=assign-busses" or
> not. But, I found another message that I don't understand in the dmesg
> whether I use "pci=assign-busses" or not, the message still occur, I
> don't know this is related or not.  The message is "PCI: If a device
> doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq".  If it helps, post a report".  Should
> I try this kernel option?

I don't think you need to pay attention to the message.

--
tejun