Re: [RFC] LZO1X de/compression support

>I'm certainly missing something but what are the advantages of this
>code (over current gzip etc.), and what will be using it?

lzo compresses/decompresses much faster and using less cpu

this is how it compares:

bzip2:  best compression, but damn slow performance
gzip: good compression with good performance
lzo:  not that good compression but stunning performance

reiser4 and compressed caching is alrady using lzo compression, but they bring their own implementation - there are other projects which could make use of it - so it`s better to share the code by making it an integral part of the kernel.

roland

--
Krzysztof Halasa