Re: IT821x: no DMA since 2.6.21

On Tue, 15 May 2007 12:53:08 +0200
Thomas Kuther <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Since 2.6.21 I have a problem with the it821x driver on my ITE 8212
> controller.
> Now I saw some updates to it821x in 2.6.22-rc1 and gave that a try, but
> the problem persists.

I've had multiple reports of this. I would recommend you use the libata
driver. IT821x hasn't changed over the past few releases so its someting
in the core IDE code that broke it [note it might not of course be that
the problem is in the core code..].

I have no plans at this point to debug the old IT821x driver due to time
constraints, and if anyone wants to have a crack at debugging this and
fixing it go for it.

BTW: I also note you have the controller in smart mode but are not using
the hardware raid functions. In that situation it generally runs faster
(and does CD-ROM) if you flash the ATAPI firmware to the controller or
boot with the noraid option "it8212.noraid=1"

Alan