Re: SDHCI issues on Ricoh in 2.6.20, 21 and 21-rc7-mm2

Tobias Bengtsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Inserting a SD card after bootup does not work.
> Please cc any response to me personally as I'm not on the list.

Very odd. And unfortunately I do not know what the problem might be.

>From your testing we can conclude two things:

- The controller has no problem detecting the device (the difference in the
"Present" register shows that).

- Interrupts work just fine, as it can properly communicate with the card.

And since the problem is normally one of those two, I have no idea what the hell
is going on here. Ricoh is also one of the Linux-unfriendly vendors so no hope
of getting them to cough up some info.

We could do some silly polling hack. It isn't clean, but it might get things
somewhat working at least.

Rgds

--
     -- Pierre Ossman