Re: Kernel oops with 2.6.21 while using cdda2wav & cooked_ioctl (x64-64) [untainted]

Alexander,

Rather than try to hunt down the oops via the interrupt code I'll try to fix the original problem, which is cooked_ioctl incorrectly determines the length of the track when an audio CD also contains a data track. I have noticed this bug for a long time (over a year) but only recently has it been causing the kernel to crash. I know this is avoidable by using cdda2wav in raw mode but it would be good to fix.

If anybody has any pointers about how I should go about this it would be most appriciated.

Many thanks,

Ross

Ross Alexander
Phone: +44 20 8752 3394
SAP Basis, Technical Support Services, Corporate IT Centre, NEC Europe Limited

|The contents of this email are intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to make any use of it. In such case, please notify the sender and immediately delete the message from your system. The message content may contain personal views which are not the views of the company unless specifically stated. All liability for loss or damage caused by viruses is excluded. |

| NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014 |