Re: Kernel oops with 2.6.21 while using cdda2wav & cooked_ioctl (x64-64) [untainted]

Ross Alexander wrote:

[warning: all of the below is just generic bug triage, I have no idea what is really wrong]

Call Trace:
run_timer_softirq+0x156/0x1ac
__do_softirq+0x50/0xbb
call_softirq+0x1c/02x8
do_softieq+0x2f/x097
irq_exit+0x3d/0x4f
smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0x46/0x58
default_idle+0x0/0x3d
apic_timer_interrupt+0x66/0x70
<EOI> default_idle+0x29/0x3d
cpu_idle+0x8b/0xcc
start_kernel+0x266/0x26f
_sinittext+0x175/0x179

Thanks, but this has nothing specific to extracting CD audio, and is unrelated to the panic message you originally sent. I.e.: we have two reports from you, one tainted about CD grabbing, and one untainted about some generic IRQ-related issue. Could you please try producing an untainted oops with the word scsi in one of the lines?

Maybe you are just causing the drive to try hard reading data that don't exist, and thus deliver the IRQ at unusual time? Is this reproducible on non-SMP kernels?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov