Re: [patch] export hrtimer_forward

On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:10:02 +0400
Stas Sergeev <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> >> It seems hrtimer_forward was forgotten to
> >> export - other symbols of the hrtimers API
> > Are there actual in-tree users of this symbol? Without we usually leave
> > the symbol unexported, this saves some space.
> Do you mean it was really left intentional?
> Unbeleivable! But why the other parts of a
> hrtimer API are exported nevertheless, and
> only this particular function not?

It was probably an oversight - generally we take the position that all the
formal interface of a subsystem is exported to modules rather than a
piecemeal whichever-bits-kernel.org-happens-to-use-today approach.

Thomas, is hrtimer_forward() considered part of the hrtimer public API?
And are you OK with the patch?