LinuxConf Europe 2007 [was Re: 2007 Linux Kernel Summit]

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:17:02PM +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> Wrt, point (a), UKUUG are moving their UK based Summer Linux conference
> to coincide timewise with the kernel summit. Normally its in the July/August
> time frame. Location probably, but last I heard from Alasdair Kergon not
> certain to be, in Cambridge,

Now confirmed - Cambridge, UK - Sunday 2nd to Tuesday 4th September.
(A combined event with Linux-Kongress.)

Extract from the Call for Papers:

  We invite speakers on any aspect of Linux development and use. The
  programme aims to cover a variety of topics, including kernel and
  desktop development, tools, applications, networking, security,
  performance and case-studies of linux deployments. Any topic likely to
  be of interest to Linux developers and enthusiasts will be considered.

  In view of the Kernel Summit following the event, we anticipate
  devoting a significant proportion of the programme to the linux
  kernel. We are also particularly interested in receiving papers that
  focus on the historical development of computing in the Cambridge area.

  Closing date for abstracts:  20th May 2007

  http://www.linuxconf.eu/cfp/

Alasdair
--
[email protected]