Re: [git pull] New firewire stack

Olaf Hering wrote:
On Tue, May 01, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

  drivers/firewire/Kconfig          |   60 ++

NACK.
Upgrade the current drivers/ieee1394/ with the new code, and keep all
existing module names.

What's your reasoning here? Having different module names allows people to compile both stacks and switch between them as they wish.

Another point in favour of different module names is that the new stack doesn't actually provide the same user space interfaces as the old stack. Basically, no applications use the raw kernel interfaces and the new stack is only compatible at the library level. In the light of this, I think it's fair to change the module names.

As for putting the new stack in drivers/ieee1394 - I don't know, I think it makes sense to keep the new stack in it's own directory. If it's a deal breaker for inclusion, let's talk about moving it, but it would be nice if you could elaborate just a little bit beyond "NACK".

thanks,
Kristian