Re: [git patches] libata updates

Chuck Ebbert wrote:

Stephen Clark wrote:
I'm running fc6 but with kernel 2.6.21 from kernel.org - compiled with
the .config file from fc6.

My system is a asus laptop with an ich7 chipset which has both sata and
pata controllers. My
laptop only brings out the pata controller interface and both my hd and
od are on the second
channel of the pata.

So can I configure out the old ide and just have ata_piix automatically
control them both in
2.6.21?

Sure, just edit the .config. You may need to play with options to mkinitrd
though; I don't think it will include the PATA drivers for you automatically.

It worked - no combined_mode=libata and my hd is doing 45mb/sec.
Thanks to all who replied.

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)