Re: [linux-dvb] DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:00:44 +0200
Von: "Markus Rechberger" <[email protected]>
An: "Simon Arlott" <[email protected]>
CC: Manu Abraham <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], Jan Engelhardt <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Betreff: Re: [linux-dvb] DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical	points about ...)

> On 5/1/07, Simon Arlott <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On 30/04/07 22:17, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> > > Trent Piepho wrote another patch for it, it just completes Uwe's patch
> > > in the end.
> > > From my side I do not see any problem with that patch, if someone else
> > > has a problem with it please state out the reason.
> >
> > I have no problem with the patch since it has nothing to do with my DVB
> > card but you're only encouraging Uwe to be abusive since it seems to
> > help get him what he wants:
> >
> > On 01/05/07 00:05, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> > > Piepho, you are a devil, and your links do not work at all!
> > > Uwe
> >
> > On 01/05/07 00:40, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> > > Go to hell, Manuel Abraham, and do not return at all to absolutely no
> > thinkable condition at all, and never come back to this place once more
> > again
> > > Just goto hell, you goddamn deeply asocial miserable sonofabitch!!
> > >
> > > Uwe

> other
> >
> > It's not working. Patches should still be applied on the basis of what
> > they do and how, not why they were made, of course.
>
> this patch was written by Trent, and it seems like he already had that
> idea earlier too.
>
> I really don't care if that patch goes in or not in the end, there's
> just no need to flame around for it.
>
> The only reason I see is that it's not needed to link it statically
> against the bt878 module and there isn't even much work to do.
> Uwe's Makefile patch worked as expected, but it wasn't clean/complete
> enough that was a reason to not include it.
> Now with Trent's patch I don't see that as a valid argument against it
> anymore.
> And the email from Manu claiming that it generates alot work (which is
> btw. 2 years old) doesn't seem to be valid either.
>
> Markus

Thank you, Markus - you are a real fine and straight chap.
You should be team leader of this community.
BTW:
Are my latest attempts sent to you already involved in the latest development state
(Read: Is dvb-pll.c deselectable now without breaking support for lgdt330)?
I simply stumbled over that lgdt330 binding in module dvb-bt8xx.c, line 641 or so.
Anything else I resolved at least from my personal side.

A thousands of thanks to you and Trent - well done!