Re: [linux-dvb] DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...)

On 5/1/07, Simon Arlott <[email protected]> wrote:
On 30/04/07 22:17, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> Trent Piepho wrote another patch for it, it just completes Uwe's patch
> in the end.
> From my side I do not see any problem with that patch, if someone else
> has a problem with it please state out the reason.

I have no problem with the patch since it has nothing to do with my DVB
card but you're only encouraging Uwe to be abusive since it seems to
help get him what he wants:

On 01/05/07 00:40, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> Go to hell, Manuel Abraham, and do not return at all to absolutely no
thinkable condition at all, and never come back to this place once more
again
> Just goto hell, you goddamn deeply asocial miserable sonofabitch!!
>
> Uwe

> On 4/30/07, Markus Rechberger <[email protected]> wrote:
>> it's enough, I told him that I'll look at it and try to get some other
>> people involved if it really breaks something it should get stated
>> out; and I'll refuse any further help if he starts to write any more
>> abusive mail.

It's not working. Patches should still be applied on the basis of what
they do and how, not why they were made, of course.

this patch was written by Trent, and it seems like he already had that
idea earlier too.

I really don't care if that patch goes in or not in the end, there's
just no need to flame around for it.

The only reason I see is that it's not needed to link it statically
against the bt878 module and there isn't even much work to do.
Uwe's Makefile patch worked as expected, but it wasn't clean/complete
enough that was a reason to not include it.
Now with Trent's patch I don't see that as a valid argument against it anymore.
And the email from Manu claiming that it generates alot work (which is
btw. 2 years old) doesn't seem to be valid either.

Markus