Re: Linux 2.6.21

David Miller wrote:

> I reported a bug that eats people's hard disks due to a bug
> in the X.ORG PCI support code on sparc, NOBODY has fixed
> the bug in 2 years even though a full bugzilla entry with
> even a full patch fix is in there.

Well but at least they could find it again if they wanted.
If you sent it by email and it had gotten lost for some reason
(nobody interested, which seems to be the real issue here) then
it would be lost forever.

WRONG!  If I have sent it to the main developer list the damn patch
would be applied by now.

Why didn't you do it then? Why didn't you send your patch to the main developer?
Wouldn't be your problem fixed if you did it?

WHY?

BECAUSE EMAIL ENGAGES PEOPLE AND BUGZILLA DOES NOT!

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org