Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v6

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 09:16 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> In fact, what I'd like to see in 2.6.22 is something better for everybody
> and with *no* regression, even if it's not perfect. I had the feeling
> that SD matched that goal right now, except for Mike who has not tested
> recent versions. Don't get me wrong, I still think that CFS is a more
> interesting long-term target.

While I haven't tested recent SD versions, unless it's design has
radically changed recently, I know what to expect.  CFS is giving me a
very high quality experience already (it's at a whopping v7), while
RSDL/SD irritated me greatly at version v40.  As far as I'm concerned,
CFS is the superior target, short-term, long-term whatever-term.  For
the tree where I make the decisions, the hammer has fallen, and RSDL/SD
is history.  Heck, I'm _almost_ ready to rm -rf my own scheduler trees
as well... I could really use some free disk space.

	-Mike