Re: SOME STUFF ABOUT REISER4

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 23:17 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:00:46 -0700, "Eric Hopper"
> <[email protected]> said:
>
> > I know that this whole effort has been put in disarray by the
> > prosecution of Hans Reiser, but I'm curious as to its status. Is
> > Reiser4 going to be going into the Linus kernel anytime soon? Is there
> > somewhere I should be looking to find this out without wasting bandwidth
> > here?
>
> There was a thread the other day, that talked about Reiser4.
>
> It took a while but I have found it (actually two)
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/4/5/360
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/4/9/4
>
> You may want to check them out.

I did.  That whole thread is some guy spouting off a ludicrous Bonnie++
benchmark showing that compressing long strings of 0s results in things
taking up very little space and being very fast.

Such things will produce lots of flames and no useful information
whatsoever as is evinced by the half conspiracy theory, half truth the
thread degenerated into in the second message you linked to.

*sigh*,
--
Eric Hopper (http://www.omnifarious.org/~hopper/)