Re: other potentially deletable, dead stuff

Am 21.04.2007 15:11 schrieb Robert P. J. Day:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
[...]
>> Removing isdn4linux would constitute a serious regression.
>
> i know.  believe me, i *know that*, since i'm fairly sure it was my
> observation that initially started that discussion about isdn4linux.

Sure. I didn't want to suggest otherwise. Sorry if I did.

> i did make it clear in that previous post that all i was doing was
> listing stuff in the source tree that is currently marked with
> "obsolete" or something like that, with no regard to any discussion
> that's taken place about it recently.

Of course, and thanks for that. But I can't just let it stand
uncommented, can I? People might start believing isdn4linux *was*
obsolete because "it was on that list of obsolete items, and nobody
protested."

> all i was interested in was feedback along the lines of, "oh, yeah,
> *that* feature is thoroughly dead and can be tossed," nothing more.

Right. So please don't feel annoyed by my reply. Just take it as a
feedback of "*that* feature definitely isn't dead".

Thanks
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt                                  E-Mail: [email protected]
Bonn, Germany