Re: other potentially deletable, dead stuff

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007, Tilman Schmidt wrote:

> Am 21.04.2007 01:19 schrieb Robert P. J. Day:
> > [...] here's the short list of other stuff that is listed as on
> > its way to being dead, based on the contents of Kconfig files.  any of
> > this stuff candidates for removal, if not scheduling for removal?
>
> [...]
>
> > config ISDN_I4L
> >         tristate "Old ISDN4Linux (obsolete)"
>
> <message type=recorded>
>
> The "obsolete" label on the ISDN_I4L Kconfig option is,
> and has always been, incorrect.
>
> isdn4linux is not obsolete.
>
> isdn4linux is in active use, and there is no replacement.
>
> Removing isdn4linux would constitute a serious regression.

i know.  believe me, i *know that*, since i'm fairly sure it was my
observation that initially started that discussion about isdn4linux.
i did make it clear in that previous post that all i was doing was
listing stuff in the source tree that is currently marked with
"obsolete" or something like that, with no regard to any discussion
that's taken place about it recently.

all i was interested in was feedback along the lines of, "oh, yeah,
*that* feature is thoroughly dead and can be tossed," nothing more.

rday