Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

Hi Björn,

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 01:29:41PM +0200, Björn Steinbrink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2007.04.21 13:07:48 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > > another thing i noticed: when using a -y larger then 1, then the window
> > > title (at least on Metacity) overlaps and thus the ocbench tasks have
> > > different X overhead and get scheduled a bit assymetrically as well. Is
> > > there any way to start them up title-less perhaps?
> >
> > It has annoyed me a bit too, but I'm no X developer at all, so I don't
> > know at all if it's possible nor how to do this. I know that my window
> > manager even adds title bars to xeyes, so I'm not sure we can do this.
> >
> > Right now, I've added a "-B <border size>" argument so that you can
> > skip the size of your title bar. It's dirty but it's not my main job :-)
>
> Here's a small patch that makes the windows unmanaged, which also causes
> ocbench to start up quite a bit faster on my box with larger number of
> windows, so it probably avoids some window manager overhead, which is a
> nice side-effect.

Excellent ! I've just merged it but conditionned it to a "-u" argument
so that we can keep previous behaviour (moving the windows is useful
especially when there are few of them).

So the new version 0.5 is available there :

  http://linux.1wt.eu/sched/

I believe it's the last one for today as I'm late on some work.

Thanks !
Willy