Re: Loud "pop" coming from hard drive on reboot

So, removing -d halt option solves this problem?

2007/4/20, Fabio Comolli <[email protected]>:
Bingo!
I switched from ata_piix.c to piix_ide.c and the "pop" disappeared.

I must say that the "pop" also disappeared after suspending to disk
using suspend2 (obviously without executing halt -n -h -p) . In both
cases it was present with the previous setup.

This is with a pure PATA setup with no SATA ports and the disk is:

hda: TOSHIBA MK8025GAS, ATA DISK drive

Many thanks!
regards,
Fabio