GPL-incompatible Module Error Message

Hello all,

Building the fglrx module against the current Linux kernel (2.6.20.7 as of this e-mail) I'm getting an error:

FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module fglrx.ko uses GPL-only symbol 'paravirt_ops'

which looks like someone (ATI?) might be doing something funny. I'm just curious what the error means.. paravirt_ops is bit of the new virtualization code, correct?

Anyway, I'm curious if it's interesting or "nothing to see here, move along". I'm not looking for any kind of "fix" as the module itself not building isn't a kernel dev issue (currently having trouble with the Xorg Radeon drivers, but that's another story).

It just seemed like it might be interesting and I couldn't find anything to shed light on the error itself in the mailing list logs, and I'm curious at what's happening.

Thanks,
-- Chris