Re: ZFS with Linux: An Open Plea

 > After the discussions that took place back around the time of the release of
 > the first draft of GPLv3 it was decided to lock Linux to *ONLY* GPLv2

This is not accurate.  As far back as I can easily check, the kernel's
COPYING file has said:

 Also note that the only valid version of the GPL as far as the kernel
 is concerned is _this_ particular version of the license (ie v2, not
 v2.2 or v3.x or whatever), unless explicitly otherwise stated.

To be really precise, there was a trivial rewording of this sometime
around Feb 2002 to make it clearer, but the point is that the kernel
has been GPL v2 only long before the GPL v3 process started.

 - R.