Re: ZFS with Linux: An Open Plea

On 15/04/07,  Kasper Sandberg <[email protected]> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 19:18 -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:

By the way, forget about this FUSE business. I don't know why they're
bothering: It's not real, it's slow and, in general, silly.
This seems to me to be a rather uninformed, arrogant, and quite stupid
comment.

Thank you, sir, for calling my comment stupid. Perhaps you are one of those FUSE folk. In that case, I would love for you to enlighten me as to why any one would bother attempting to port a file system when it is known that not only is it much slower than the slowest currently available to Linux, but also does not provide much of the functionality of the original product.

As to uninformed, well, yes, I am uninformed; hence my request for you to inform me. And arrogant? I sure am.

Cheers.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.