Re: Weird MMC errors: 2 of 2 - inconsistent state after data crc error

Alex Dubov wrote:
> Problem 2: After a data crc error all subsequent commands fail. May it be caused by stop command
> leaving card in some bad state (something clearable by SEND_STATUS)? On the other hand, is there a
> real need to issue a stop command in case main command failed?

It might be, depending on what the problem is. E.g. timeout might still mean the
card processed the command and will start sending data.

Anyway, CRC errors should be extremely rare so I'd guess that either the card or
the controller has gotten confused. In many cases the card will shut down when
it gets annoyed, so that might be what you're seeing here.

Other than that, I'm not sure I can help that much. The stop commands should
never wedge the card, so that isn't the issue (unless the card is buggy).

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org