Re: Weird MMC errors: 1 of 2 - bad ocr value

Alex Dubov wrote:
> Recently, I've obtained a bug report concerning an MMC card. Two problems are described, both
> sporadic.
> Problem 1: illegal ocr value is returned. You may notice, in the non-working case, obviously
> incorrect ocr value (0xffffffff) is returned. The card won't work after this, unless reinserted.
> What, to your opinion, shall we do about it?

I got something similar when there was problem with the power supply. The card
was booting through power it drain from the other pins, but it didn't work
correctly.

Try adding some more delay after you power up in case the controller needs some
time to stabilize.

--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org