Re: util-linux: orphan

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 04:08, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> > I'd suggest that you make sure that mount always gets statically linked
> > against libblkid to avoid these problems.
> >

> That's a pretty silly statement.  The real issue is that any library
> needed by binaries in /bin or /sbin should live in /lib, not /usr/lib.

Right, this is obviously true in general. I don't understand enough
about selinux (who does?) to be sure what went wrong there on top
of this, but my impression was that I could have solved the problem
if I had been able to remount the root partition, or mount the selinux
file system, which was made impossible by the fact that I had no
permission to access one of the libraries for the mount binary.

The location of the library file was not the problem I had, as that
system doesn't have a separate /usr partition.

	Arnd <><