Re: GPL only modules

On Dec 14, 2006, "Jeff V. Merkey" <[email protected]> wrote:

> FREE implies a transfer of ownsership

It's about freedom, not price.  And even then, it's the license that
has not cost, not the copyright.

> and you also have to contend with the Doctrine of Estoppel.  i.e. if
> someone has been using the code for over two years, and you have not
> brought a cause of action, you are BARRED from doing so under the
> Doctrine of Estoppel and statute of limitations.

Sure, but we're not necessarily talking about code that is two years
old.  We're talking about future releases.  Then, if someone
interfaces with code that was already there before, they might claim
they're still entitled to do so.  But if it's new code they interface
with, or new code they wrote after this clarification is published,
would they still be entitled to estoppel?  FWIW, IANAL.