Re: ReiserFS corruption with 2.6.19 (Was 2.6.19 is not stable with SATA and should not be used by any meansis not stable with SATA and should not be used by any means)

No. I still see corruption on Suse with Reiser FS. It's always very subtle (like the last block of a file doesn;t get copied or gets corrupted. We have been running our ftp server on ReiserFS, and as soon as I can get it moved back to ext3, we are doing so. We have had a lot of issues with corrupted RPM files and builds on ReiserFS. If you can get the files copied to the FS ok, they seem to stay that way. moving a lot of data with recursive copies seems troublesome and some of the files
seem to get the ends clipped off of them.

If your comment here was in reply to my general comment about resierfs stability and not the specific hibernation issue the OP was having, please edit the quote down to just that portion instead of quoting the entire message, including the quotes it was replying to.

I wonder what kernel version you are running. Since you mention rpms, I will assume you are running redhat, and likely are using a rather old kernel.