DTR/DSR handshake in kernelspace third traying

Hello,

I've send 2 patches for a DTS/DSR handshaking to the list

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/5/7/76  and long long time ago 1998

My problem are manufacturers the make printers with
DTR/DSR Handschaking. POS Printers are very sensible for
a buffer overrun!

For on or two printers, we can wire a adapter, for 10000...30000
printers is a software option the better way.

I've write a patch for 2.2 and published it,
I've write a patch for 2.4 and published it, but i've see there is no

DTR/DSR Handshaking in the kernel 2.6.

I'm a litte bit  frusted. Are a few  thousands pos-systems not
enough for upgrading the standard kernel sources?

Have I a really chance to commit a patch for kernel 2.6.

What is the best way to handle this problem.

Thanks for comments ;-)

Michael Westermann