Re: [2.6 patch] Tigran Aivazian: remove bouncing email addresses

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 09:08:56PM +0000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> Hi Adrian,

Hi Tigran,

> I have only now had time to read your patch and reject most of it --- the
> email addresses in the revision histories etc are for historical purposes
> and as such are very useful. They are NOT meant to be valid except at the
> moment of time when they are written. The only purpose of email address in
> the revision history is the indication where the person worked _at the
> time_.

as I explained with my email address as an example, email addresses
aren't suitable for this.

> The only bits that should be made sure to remain valid are the
> MODULE_AUTHOR, as Arjan also mentioned.

Even the "please contact the author" and the printk() should continue to
contain known bouncing addresses?

> Also, it is very strange that I have _not_ received your original email
> containing the patch --- I only saw it now via lkml archive.

I haven't yet gotten a bounce from [email protected].

Do you have a spamfilter?
Or a provider doing some kind of email filtering?

> Kind regards
> Tigran

cu
Adrian