Re: Freeze with ATI Xpress 200

Just to follow up on my original report: This seems to be a problem
with running AMD "Cool & Quiet" when using the on-board graphics. (Why
would Shuttle design an AMD motherboard with a integrated graphics
which crashes the system if C&Q is turned on? Good question. Shame on
Shuttle.) I initially reported that Windows worked fine, but although
I did have AMD CPU driver installed on Windows, C&Q wasn't turned on
in the "power options" control settings. Once I did that, Windows
started crashing with the same symptoms as well until I turned it off
again. I then turned off powernowd in Ubuntu and haven't seen it crash
since. I'm guessing I never saw this in Gentoo because it did not have
powernowd activated by default.

At any rate, this is not a kernel issue, sorry for the trouble.

Davor

P.S. I am not on this list, so please email me directly with any
comments or questions.