Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Fwd: [Suspend-devel] resume not working on acer ferrari 4005 with radeonfb enabled

On Thursday, 16 November 2006 23:17, Christian Hoffmann wrote:

> > > Well, if you acquire the console sem you need to release it too :-)
> >
> > Or the console semaphore is acquired too many times.
> >
> > Christian, could you please add release_console_sem() before 'return 0'
> > and see if that makes the code work again?  If not, could you add a
> > printk() in kernel/printk.c/acquire_console_sem() to see how many times it
> > is called?
>
> Ok, I did that and the machine resumes OK. Now I have the impression that
> accessing the rinfo struct here:
>
> if (pdev->dev.power.power_state.event == PM_EVENT_SUSPEND) {
>                 /* Wakeup chip. Check from config space if we were powered off
>                  * (todo: additionally, check CLK_PIN_CNTL too)
>                  */
>                 if ((rinfo->pm_mode & radeon_pm_off) &&
>                         radeon_restore_pci_cfg(rinfo)) {

I think the call to radeon_restore_pci_cfg(rinfo) causes the problem to happen.

>                         if (rinfo->reinit_func != NULL) {
>                                 rinfo->reinit_func(rinfo);
>                                 }
>                         else {
>                                 goto bail;
>                         }
>                 }
>                 /* If we support D2, try to resume... we should check what was
> our
>                  * state though... (were we really in D2 state ?). Right now,
> this code
>                  * is only enable on Macs so it's fine.
>                  */
>                 else if (rinfo->pm_mode & radeon_pm_d2){
>                         radeon_set_suspend(rinfo, 0);
>                 }
>                 rinfo->asleep = 0; ////makes it crash
>         } else {
>                 radeon_engine_idle();
>         }
>
> makes the resume fail. The machine locks up. I started xorg without drm/dri
> and then it goes a little further and locks up in the next steps:
>
> /* Restore display & engine */
> radeon_write_mode (rinfo, &rinfo->state, 1);
>
> But it starts to get too complicated for me :(

Unfortunately for me too.  Someone who knows the radeonfb code is needed.

Greetings,
Rafael

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
		R. Buckminster Fuller