Re: PCI card not detected on Intel 845G chipset

Yes, windows finds the card. I even check with Netgear to make sure they haven't changed the chipset.

Apparently, their support was wrong. I replaced the Netgear card with a different model and Linux finds it immediately.

I am still a bit confused but there is no way to blame the kernel on this one :-)

Thank you for taking time to look into this.

Ronny

>>> "John Stoffel" <[email protected]> 11/02/06 3:55 PM >>>

Ronny> I recently installed 2.6.16 on a compaq evo PC running Intel
Ronny> 845G chipset. Kernel finds all major system devices (USB, VGA,
Ronny> etc) but fails to find the installed Netgear WG311T card in the
Ronny> PCI slot.  lspci doesn't even show this card.

Does Windows find this card?  And have you made sure you've got the
card propery seated in the slot?  Maybe you've got a bad connection,
or a 3.3v card in 5v slot.  In other words, check the hardware.

Ronny> No error messages concerning the PCI bus appear in dmesg.
Ronny> The only weird thing is, that lspci shows this device:
Ronny> Unknown non-vga adapter
Ronny> with the ID 0200:7008

Wierd, but try using 'lspci -vvvvv' for even more details on this
unknown device.

John