RE: 2.6.19-rc4-mm2

Hi, Andrew -

Yours is PCI device id 0x5157. Mine is 0x515E - which is also dual-head-
capable, but we don't have it wired that way (it's on the motherboard).
0x1002 is ATI's PCI vendor id. Lspci is just printing out the PCI config
header in a nicer format (so that you can read it).

I think I remember something relevant from working on these chips
before:
there was some kind of a hardware bug in some of them that caused you to
have to pretend that unpacked 24-bit pixels were twice as many 16-bit
pixels. I think you had to double basically everything that dealt with
widths or offsets into a scan line. I don't remember the details
anymore,
and I can't really ask, since that company has a proprietary Unix. I'll
try
to remember what it was - and which ones it affected, since that is
probably
what's wrong with the 24bpp. Too bad the chip specs are so crummy...
How much is each line offset when you have the garbled stuff? I mean, is
it
a couple pixels, half the total width, something else? And is it always
the
same for each line (or can you tell)?

/Charlotte

linux-
> [email protected]
> Subject: Re: 2.6.19-rc4-mm2
>
> On 11/6/06, Richardson, Charlotte <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > What's the device id of your VC1?
>
> I presume lscpi -n -v will tell you what you need to know. I don't
know
> how to read the output myself:
>
> 0000:01:00.0 0300: 1002:5157
>         Subsystem: 1002:013a
>         Flags: bus master, stepping, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64,
IRQ