Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

Paul Jackson wrote:
> vatsa wrote:
>> C. Paul Menage's container patches
>>
>> 	Provides a generic heirarchial ...
>>
>> Consensus/Debated Points
>> ------------------------
>>
>> Consensus:
>> 	- Dont support heirarchy for now
>
> Looks like this item can be dropped from the concensus ... ;).

Agree.

> I for one would recommend getting the hierarchy right from the
> beginning.
>
> Though I can appreciate that others were trying to "keep it simple"
> and postpone dealing with such complications.  I don't agree.
>
> Such stuff as this deeply affects all that sits on it.  Get the

I can share our experience with it.
Hierarchy support over beancounters was done in one patch.
This patch altered only three places - charge/uncharge routines,
beancounter creation/destruction code and BC's /proc entry.
All the rest code was not modified.

My point is that a good infrastrucure doesn't care wether
or not beancounter (group controller) has a parent.