Re: [RFC] cpuset: add interface to isolated cpus

Paul Jackson wrote:
So ... where should it be done?

sched.c I suppose.

Are we discussing where the implementing code should go,
or where the isolated cpu map special file should be
exposed to user space?

Both?

And you didn't answer my other questions, such as:
 1) If your other patch to manipulate sched domains
    has code that belongs in kernel/cpuset.c, and
    special files that belong in /dev/cpuset, why
    shouldn't this one naturally go in the same places?

Because they are cpuset specific. This is not.

 2) Why ... why?  What would be better about sched.c
    and what's wrong with where it is (the code and
    the exposed file)?

Because it is not specific to CONFIG_CPUSETS. People who
don't configure CONFIG_CPUSETS may still want to change
isolcpus at runtime.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.