Re: [ck] Re: sound skips on 2.6.18-ck1

Andreas Mohr wrote:
IIRC that VIA on-board off-board on-again thing has still been rearing
its ugly head after 2.6.17, with a longish recent discussion on LKML
(~3 weeks ago?) where people were annoyed that it still had so many different
ways of breaking no matter how hard you tried to find a generic mechanism
that successfully applies to all devices out there.
As such I'm not surprised in the least that it's still not working for you.

My most recent patch solves all the known issues to my knowledge. However, it is written with very little understanding of the reasons behind the quirk. Alan Cox posted some info but having just started a real job I haven't had time to go into this stuff in detail.

I think Greg has queued this patch for 2.6.19 but wouldn't be surprised if people object to it...

Daniel